Hospitality, Aviation & Tourism in South America- Eligibility and admission procedure
After the states of South America attained their independence, they needed to adapt their education sectors to the new political, economic and social circumstances. Despite extensive reform efforts at the beginning of the 1990s, the education systems are still unable to provide children and young people with an education of adequate standard.With some locally specific variations, all five states in the region share a number of challenges, such as the low standard of school infrastructure and a lack of practical pre-service and in-service training for teachers. Curricula that are overly theoretical in nature allow hardly any scope for pupils to develop their own personal interests, and there is a lack of career guidance. The education ministries are not yet able to achieve the targets set out in the different national education strategies.
- Academic Records.
- 3 A-levels.
- The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
- At least 4 ‘Group A' Advanced Placement subjects.
- A University Of London International Programmes qalification.
- A foundation programme.
- A year of university study from another institution.
- Applicants to whom university make an offer on the basis of an undergraduate degree are normally expected to obtain a B+ or the equivalent overall, but higher marks in specific subjects may also be necessary.
- Cambridge CPE
- Cambridge CAE
A number of professional and vocational courses require relevant work experience. For instance, many MBAs or master’s courses in information studies require at least a couple of years’ work experience.A detailed Resume is an important part of your application. It should include all information of professional work experience along with the details like positions held, achievements and range of work.
Letters of Recommendation
Letters of reference or recommendation letters play a very important part in your admission especially in courses that earn you a master’s or doctoral degree. A recommendation letter is a signed statement from a person who knows you well professionally or has taught you in a subject that is related to the course you are applying to. It should list your positive and negative qualities, strengths and other such information.The author or teacher must indicate his position, how long he/she has known the applicant and in what capacity. He/she should briefly discuss the need, importance and usefulness of the study the applicant proposes to undertake. Authors are usually asked to rank applicants in their letters of recommendation, which helps admission officers to interpret the academic credentials of foreign students. Students should obtain letters of recommendation (often on the prescribed forms sent by the institutions) from teachers who know them as a person as well as a student. You may like to request your author to give concrete examples that may show your qualities and help your case.Many universities have their own format and questions that have to be answered by the person who is giving the letter of recommendation on your behalf. Letters, which do not give enough information, can jeopardize a candidate’s chances of selection.
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
The personal essays, and/or statement of purpose, also play a very important role in the process of evaluating your application for both admission as well as financial aid because it gives the faculty assessing your application their most significant impression of you as an individual.A personal statement should include reasons for choosing this particular course, your area of interest, the suitability of your education and experiential background for this course and your personal and present future goals.
Research Proposal (for research programmes only)
In addition to the above requirements, students applying for a postgraduate research program must also submit the following documents:
- Detailed research proposal
- Research publications etc.The admission committed may also require special recommendation letters from professors of the academic institution where you last studied.A number of professional and vocational courses require relevant work experience. For instance, many MBAs or master’s courses in information studies require at least a couple of years’ work experience. Most Uzbekistan universities are pretty strict about this.A detailed Résumé is an important part of your application. It should include all information of professional work experience along with the details like positions held, achievements and range of work.